Edit Trends Menu (version 21)
The 'EDIT TRENDS' menu can be accessed by clicking the icon on the toolbar at the top or by right-clicking anywhere on the chart space once a tag has been loaded.
When opening the 'EDIT TRENDS' menu, the user will be presented with the trends on the left-hand side of the menu and the properties of those trends on the right. To edit a trend's properties, simply check the box next to the trend then modify the properties as needed. Multiple trends can be selected at once.
- Add trends
- Create a calculated trend
- Remove selected trends
- Rearrange order of trends
- Display Name - the name that appears on the chart and in the legend. This can be edited.
- Color - the color of the trend
- Line Thickness - the thickness of the trend
- Time Shift - used to shift the trend forwards or backwards in time by a set number of days, hours, minutes, and/or seconds
- Aggregate Kind - the aggregate used to process the data when it is drawn. The default aggregate is 'TimeAverage2' unless the datatype is Boolean or String, in which case, it is 'StartBound'.
- Aggregate Interval - specifies the time duration for each block of processed data drawn on the chart
A trend using the TimeAverage2 aggregate and an Aggregate Interval of 1 minute will return a time-weighted average for every minute on the chart.
- Show Trend - turns the trend's visibility on/off
- Show Grid Lines - turns a trend's horizontal grid lines on/off
- Show Float Label - turns a trend's Float Label on/off
- Scale Range - the range to be used for the min/max values
- Auto - the min/max scale is automatically determined based on the values of the trend within the chart
- Auto Min - the min scale is automatically determined, but the max scale is manually set
- Auto Max - the max scale is automatically determined, but the min scale is manually set
- Default - uses the High and Low Scale properties of the tag stored in the historian if they exist
- Manual - the min/max scale are both manually set
- [TrendName] - mirrors the scale of the trend selected
These settings can also be found by right-clicking on the scales themselves when on the chart screen.
- Max Value - used to manually set the max scale value
- Min Value - used to manually set the min scale value
- Show Left Scale - turns the trend's left scale on/off
- Show Right Scale - turns the trend's right scale on/off
- Use Logarithmic Scale - uses a logarithmic scale instead of a linear scale
- Band Range - the vertical space given to each trend
- Auto - trends are given equal vertical space on the chart
- Full - trends use the entire vertical space on the chart
- Manual - bands are manually set with 'Band Start' and 'Band Height'
- [TrendName] - the trend will share the same vertical space as the trend selected
- Band Start (0-100) - a percentage indicating the starting position of the scale within the chart, 0 being the top of the chart and 100 the bottom
- Band Height (0-100) - a percentage indicating the vertical height of the scale
An easier alternative for adjusting 'Band Start' and 'Band Height'...
Bands can be moved by click-and-dragging the scales themselves when on the chart screen. Also, they can be resized when the cursor hovers over the top or bottom edge of a scale. The cursor will change to allow you shrink or expand the band height.
- Number Format - the number of digits displayed on the cursor value
- Decimal - specifies how many decimal places should be displayed
- General - specifies how many significant digits should be displayed
- Scientific - the cursor value and scale are displayed in scientific notiation
- Digits - used in conjunction with 'Number Format' to determine how digits are to be displayed
- Fixed - sets a fixed high limit based on the 'Value' set
- Variable - sets a variable high limit based on the 'Trend' selected
- Change Color - changes the color of the trend when it exceeds the high limit
- Fill Area - fills in the area underneath the trend when it exceeds the high limit
- Fixed - sets a fixed low limit based on the 'Value' set
- Variable - sets a variable low limit based on the 'Trend' selected
- Change Color - changes the color of the trend when it exceeds the low limit
- Fill Area - fills in the area above the trend when it exceeds the low limit
These are static horizontal lines that are drawn on the chart.
- Show Outside of Band Range - when enabled, the static line will still appear on the chart even if it falls outside of the trend's scale range
- Value - the value at which the horizontal line should be drawn
- Style - solid, dashed, or dotted
- Color - the color of the limit line